I’m a PhD student at the Scalable Parallel Computing Laboratory at the Department of Computer Science at ETH Zürich, advised by Prof. Torsten Hoefler. My main research goal is to develop high-performance solutions for the new cloud paradigm of Function-as-a-Service (FaaS) computing. The serverless revolution brings new elastic and flexible resource allocation techniques, and combined with a high-performance programming model, it will open new opportunities to increase resource utilization and decrease monetary and environmental costs in data centers of all sizes.
I obtained my Master’s degree in Simulation Sciences from the RWTH Aachen (Germany) where I worked on my Master thesis in the HPAC Group, supervised by Prof. Paolo Bientinesi and Prof. Benjamin Berkels. I obtained my Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the Silesian University of Technology in Poland, where I had the opportunity to work at the Institute of Theoretical and Applied Informatics, Polish Academy of Sciences with Prof. Tadeusz Czachórski, Dr Artur Rataj, and Dr Mateusz Nowak.
- Function-as-a-Service (FaaS)
- Elastic and Efficient Computing
- High-Performance Computing
- Performance Modeling
- Parallel Algorithms
- Code-Driven Design and Optimizations
|Nov 10, 2023||I will be giving a lightning talk at the LLVM-HPC workshop at SC23, where I will present our work on Cppless, C++ compiler for serverless!.|
|Oct 29, 2023||Our paper User-guided Page Merging for Memory Deduplication in Serverless Systems} has been accepted at IEEE Big Data 2023 conference!|
|Oct 1, 2023||I will be attending the Supercomputing conference this year. I will be working as a student volunteer, and I received the SIGHPC Travel Grant!|
|Jun 19, 2023||I will be attending ACM FCRC and ICS’ 23 where I will present our paper on FMI!|
|May 15, 2023||I will be attending IPDPS’ 23 where I will present our paper on rFaaS, and present my PhD research on high-performance serverless at the PhD Forum and PAISE workshop.|
- rFaaS: Enabling High Performance Serverless with RDMA and LeasesIn Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Interational Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, 2023
- SeBS: A Serverless Benchmark Suite for Function-as-a-Service ComputingIn Proceedings of the 22nd International Middleware Conference, 2021
- FMI: Fast and Cheap Message Passing for Serverless FunctionsIn Proceedings of the 37th IEEE Interational Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, 2023